Thursday, April 21, 2011

Es lo que hay

When I lived in Barcelona a few years ago, I heard this saying from a local friend - "es lo que hay" - "it is what it is". This quickly became one of my favorite quotes, one that really helps me come back down to earth when everything seems to be falling apart (plus it sounds even better when you say it in a different language!)

When times are tough, get a
fruity fun drink :)
Have some playground fun
Meditate in beautiful surroundings








Last night really made me start thinking about this quote and my time abroad. My boyfriend , who I have been extremely lucky to have around the last week and a half, left again for over a week. Now this might not sound so drastic, but what you need to know is that he is gone Monday - Thurs every week for work and now he is embarking on a new project that will take away our Thursday night too. But then I step back and think "es lo que hay"! I will still get to see him almost every weekend and during the week I get the chance to set my own schedule for workouts and meals and me time.

Raspberry Lemon Glazed Salmon
with brocolli and carrot,wild brown rice and corn

Now last night I took full advantage of falling back into this no-Tripp weeknight and ran an extra 4 miles, spent too much time at the grocery store and made a fantastic (if I do say so myself) dinner at 9 pm - because I could.




Wednesday nights are dedicated to my LUNA Chix runs, an amazing group of girls I had the privilege to join this season. We do everything in support of the Breast Cancer Fund, which unlike most cancer research foundations working to cure breast cancer, the BCF works to research prevention of breast cancer. So each Wednesday we run 3.4 miles at whatever pace you are feeling like that night - there is always a group of us at a quick, avg, and slower pace. The main point of these runs are to get women out running and moving while informing them about the BCF. My picture shows my cold red nose and winter running jacket, yes it IS mid- April and still in the 40's! Es lo que hay!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for keeping up with Happy, Healthy & Strong - I love to hear all of your comments and feedback!