Monday, June 20, 2011

Back in Boston and it feels so good...and Dad's day recap

I finally made it back to Boston, after almost an entire week on the road - San Diego for 5 days and Western Mass for 2.5.  I am tired and a little lathargic, but I am miraculously still trying to get in a jog or a walk tonight, something short and sweet to get the legs moving again!

As I mentioned yesterday, I Flew into Hartford, CT to go see my Grammy first, as it was her birthday on Saturday and the ladies were having a brunch in her honor (ok, they always have Sunday brunch, but this one had not 1 but 2 delicious cakes!)
I had sugar overload yesterday, because besides the cakes, look at this massive brunch spread!!
lots of fresh fruit, a bunch of donuts, 2 quiches, italian cookies, chocolate chip muffins, and i was sitting in front of the two platefuls of bagels and cream cheese!!
Digesting time looked a lot like sunning by the pool, reading some runners world, taking in some more sun and  then grocery shopping at Randall's for massive amounts a few staples of local, fresh produce :)

Mom, lil sis and I headed home to cook yet another feast for the man of the day, Dad :) So onto the second festivity for the day we went, Father's Day...
Dad beaming at my Bentley Grad school graduation
Dad...you are who I get some of my best (and a few of my not so best) traits from, you have stood by me when it seemed many others wouldn't, you have been a father, a supporter, a friend, a put-me-in-liner (thank you for that one, seriously) a coach, a shoulder to cry on, a reason to keep trying harder and accomplishing more...I am so happy and lucky to have you in my life - I love you, Happy Father's Day (on Marquis time a day late :) ).

So how did we celebrate this great guy?! With another feast of course :) Just a few photos of the yumminess that ensued (sorry for any vegetarians - I spared you the pictures of me actually eating these monsters - it wasn't pretty).
Man of the day and some good eats & good wine


Ciabatta bread, grilled veggies (zucchini, summer squash, red pepper, mushrooms), Lamb Chops, pesto fun pasta (no idea what the name is, but really fun shape/texture)
 And of course...dessert :) Yes this is the third cake of the day if you were counting...
Friendly's Thin Mint Ice Cream Cake
Hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day, weekend, and Manic Monday :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you do anything exciting this weekend?

I was traveling, traveling, visiting friends, traveling, visiting family, and some more traveling - so not super exciting, exhausted would be the better word!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Bruins game pic!! And that ice cream cake is calling me! Glad you made it home....nothing like your own bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Family is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for keeping up with Happy, Healthy & Strong - I love to hear all of your comments and feedback!