Friday, July 22, 2011

Why hello there Mr. Nathan...Nathan Sprint review and some OOIAJ love

Don't worry...Tripp and I are just fine...

I  am just in love with another man...and his name is....

Nathan...the Nathan Sprint to be exact...this little baby is 10 oz. of pure heaven during this recent heat wave, we are experiencing up here in Boston.  It is not too big, not too small, easy to handle and squirts on command (TWSS - sorry had to...) It has a great, chafe-free strap, that is comfy and breathable.
On a serious note...I am really in love with this water bottle purchase, and think it is a fantastic size and shape.  I have never been one to bring water with me on my runs (short, med or long), but training for a marathon in the heat of summer kind of changes things for me.  I have a water belt (have had it since Christmas to be exact), I just have never worn it for more than 2 minutes (or outside my bedroom for that matter). I find it clunky, heavy, uncomfortable and odd...so I bought my new boy toy, Nathan.

Nathan is a handheld h2o savior that I have brought with me on almost every run this summer (even if I am only going 4 miles).  When I get tired of holding him, he just hangs out without bugging me, and when I really just want him to leave me alone, he hangs nicely on my pouch belt (I run with a small pouch for keys/phone/cc/license/charlie card...just in case).  He even comes with a sweet ID tag, again...just in case, that has my emergency contact on it and some more important notes, that tucks nicely away, but is amply labeled as to its whereabouts.

I admit, when my runs get a little longer and with this heat not looking like it is letting down anytime soon, I will have to cheat on Nathan with the hydration belt...but, Nathan will still be there for my races, and smaller runs, if I need him...

Oh...and how does Tripp feel about this?
After a kite boarding session - nice hair weirdo :)
I think he is fine with it...better to stay hydrated on my feet, than, well, the opposite of that...

Also, since I have been scarce on the deliciousness front lately, I thought I would share with you, what might become a new OOIAJ obsession (as long as the goods last!) and my bfast from this morning.
 Protein packed OOIAJ:


  • 1/2 cup dry oats
  • handful of raisins
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash all spice
  • 1 T vanilla protein powder
  • 1 T flax seed
  • 3/4 c. original Silk Almond Milk
  • 1/4 c. Dark Chocolate Silk Almond Milk - OBSESSED WITH THIS!!!
  • 1 T Teddie's PB w/ Flax
Mix it all together, let it sit over night in the fridge, and in the AM mix in your favorite fresh fruit (banana, mango, strawberry and blueberry in the big boy above).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you played the Q & A game with me yet? Hurry up and get your questions in!! 
Ask Away!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How hot did it get in your neck of the woods today?

It is supposed to be 101 today, but right now it is 99 and feels like 106!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you like to carry water on your runs? What type of hydration unit do you opt for?

Any races coming up in the next week?! 

Not for me, but be careful out there all of you racing in the heat and drinks lots of water and have fun!

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love my handheld--it is a 20 ounce bottle and I don't know what I ever did without it! In Georgia heat and humidity I have to carry water on most of my runs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered a new non-walmart handheld and I cannot wait for it to get here!!!! woo hoo! this heat is out of control! thanks for the review and that oats in a jar looks yummy yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't blame you for your new affair, he looks lovely! i definitely need to get something like this for this crazy heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome - I'm going to have to try one sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain when it comes to the heat around your area, today's high in Omaha NE is 101 degrees, was going to hit up the pool but nevermind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Nathan is a cute little water bottle. Oh personification, so fun!

    I am terrible about drinking water while running. I don't bring it with me, but I'll drink it during long supported runs on Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new bottle--but I swear I'd drain that thing after about 2 miles in this heat.
    We have one 'cool' day today (only 90) then it's back to the oven for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for keeping up with Happy, Healthy & Strong - I love to hear all of your comments and feedback!