The lovely Julia (who tagged me for this game! I love tag!) asked:
- If you could run any race, which would it be and why?
- Easy...I would run Boston - because it is my hometown, it is my version of "making it" in running and "I love that dirty water" (j/k - Beantown joke)
- Favorite childhood tv show or character?
- haha this is tough - but I will go with Punky Brewster...I had the mismatched EVERYTHING - I will try to salvage a pic one of these days
- Where would you live (or visit) if you could live/visit anywhere in the world?
- I would live in Spain, because I am obsessed with the culture, sites, proximity to the rest of Europe, diversity, language, food, music, cultures...
- I would visit Fiji, because well I want to stay in a hut on the beach and the picture says it all really
Awesome Lindsey (she lives in Tanzania!!) asked:
- How and why did you get into running? What was the hardest part for you and what was the easiest?
- This is a tough one and one I am going to write a post on when I get the guts, but I will give it to you short here...since the age of 4 when I started gymnastics and youth sports, I have always "run", but not always enjoyed it...it was always running for pre-season, running at practice, running to earn my spot on the field hockey field, sprints for tumbling in gymnastics, sprints to propel me over the pole vault bar....in college I got pretty sick and I got into running because I thought it would make me, skinnier, more noticeable, and improve my field hockey game...I went into it for all the wrong reasons mentally, but I did fall in love...so when I got healthy, I still had my running...to keep me sane, grounded, competitive (when college field hockey was over), fit (in a healthy way), happy
- Hardest part...motivation and realizing I won't be winning the big races...I come from gymnastics, where I medalled almost every meet, and field hockey where I went to the final four and championships almost every year....running is more of a solitary sport that I am not the best at, or even close!
- Easiest: the ease of the sport...yes there is picking out the right shoes and putting in the speedwork and miles, but I can lace up, and run out of the house for 15, 25, 55, or 2:55 minutes and accomplish something (big or small) each time...
- You can only have one kind of fruit for the rest of your life - what would you choose?
- Another toughy! I would have to go with watermelon...as long as it was ripe and in season :)
The intriguing Vanessa (she has lived all over the place and done some pretty amazing things!) asked:
- What does DEM stand for? Name, initials--I always wondered but thought maybe I was just missing it somewhere?
- It is not a silly question at all! It is my initials :) Danielle Elise Marquis - fun fact...I didn't know my middle name until the third grade....didn't know to ask!
- And if you could't run, what would be your next favorite form of exercise?
- My next favorite form of exercising, if I couldn't run (I assume this rules out field hockey :( ), would have to be hiking...I don't do it enough, but I like to move with my legs, I am no good at swimming, the bike can't keep my attention, and I love Pilates and yoga, but I also like to get out and see new things and constantly be moving
I want to thank these ladies so so much for sending in their burning questions! Hope you all enjoyed the little Q & A game, I know I did...really makes you think!! If you didn't get a chance to ask me a question and you are just bumming that you missed it - don't worry, leave me a comment or shoot me an email with the questions you are interested and getting answered!
A few for all of you!
Where is the most exotic place you have been (could be your backyard!)
Can you speak a second, third, fourth... language, if so, what are they?!
I lived in Spain for 6 months during college and was pretty fluent in Spanish...not so hot now :)
Were you surprised by any of my answers? Please don't click "stop following!" I was trying to be honest!!