Thursday, August 4, 2011

Race Fever

First of all - I know you all were so worried for my safety, and a little nervous to see if I would survive the arctic wave that hit our office this week, and I am happy to report, that I did and I am in pants and a long sweater today - always be prepared (yes it is still August)...

So when I wrote up my marathon training week #4 recap, I mentioned signing up for another half marathon in August (remember I had just signed up for the Cape Ann YukanRun half in mid-August? And the MMRF Race for Research in September?), August 28th to be exact.  On the tip from my Mom, I signed up for the Springfield, MA Half Marathon!!  My mom and I will be running this race together and I can't be more excited.  Well maybe I could - I was lucky enough to run with her for her first half marathon ever back in January (Disney World Half) and it was an amazing experience to say the least.



 Well Mom has been biting at the bit to get back out on the race course for a longer race (she seriously does 10 mile runs on her own every chance she gets and does speed workouts for the fun of it), and this one is not only brand spanking new, but right in our own backyard (well my old backyard - I am originally from Western Mass)!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, I have been obsessed with this song lately...and I am a little creeped out myself that I am in love with this, because the lyrics are slightly morbid if you think about it...but her words are really true, her voice rocks and I love the tune!!

Well I am off to finish this workday (after a fairly invigorating mid-day spin sweaty fest may I add - why do you sweat so much in spin?! I am always drenched!) and then meeting up with 3/5 of the family for a Red Sox Game later tonight!! My sister and her boyfriend are in town from Austin, TX, it has become an annual tradition to go to the Sox the day they fly in :) I am not complaining!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you on a race frenzy?!

I don't think I have signed up for three races within a week in a longtime - OK, never :)

Do you get obnoxiously sweaty during spin class, or other gym classes? Please make me feel normal!!


Is there any song you love, but based on the lyrics probably shouldn't?

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are running the race with your mom! That is so awesome. I am pretty much addicted to racing and sign up for races weekly. They are just so much fun I can't resist!

    Have fun at the Red Sox Game!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A running mom is the total bomb! Really the coolest thing ever that you can run with her. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Badasses. Both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss you terribly and am so proud that you're training for a full marathon!!! Tell Tammy I said hi; enjoy running in the middle of nowhere together <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this. how fun will that be racing with your mom???? can't wait to hear all about it! LOVE races...but you already knew that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of you and your Mom doing races together! I can't even get my Mom to run around the block, haha.

    I love "If I Die Young" and I also love their song "You Lie"! Now they just need a solid love song and they've touched on all the major categories, haha.

    And what in the world are these muddy buddy things you speak of??

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey lady! sorry to hear about the red sox. you're right about the game being a total bummer though..pfft. Maybe I'll be seeing you around the city!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is so awesome that you are running with your mom! Loves it! And I sweat like a boy. It's awesome. And by awesome I mean gross. But I've embraced it. Shows how hard we work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for keeping up with Happy, Healthy & Strong - I love to hear all of your comments and feedback!