Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vita Coco, a New Yogurt Dip and a fun new challenge

Three Things Thursday? Don't mind if I do :)  I am seeing this all over blog world, and I like it...for 3 reasons :) It is fun (for me to think up and for you to read, I hope), it is short (so you don't get bored reading my rambling) and it is fresh (who doesn't like fresh new content and tidbits?!).  So here goes nothing!

1. Coconut Water has become a huge trend these days, especially with how hot it has been this summer, and how much attention proper hydration has received, for running, fitness and life in general.  I think Tripp and I first tried the stuff at Whole Foods last spring or summer, and he fell in love...me? Not so much.  I personally think the stuff tastes like something a little less than desirable.  You must be thinking, how could she hate it, if she drank it just the other day?! Well I recently tried Vita Coco's Pomegranate Acai flavor, and realized there is a coconut water I can stomach, adn actually enjoy! The flavor isn't too sweet, but the nasty flavor of plain coco water was masked by the berry essence - I like :)  A couple of weeks ago I saw a cool offer on Gilt City the other day, and bought Tripp a little treat...earlier this week we received this:

2. I had a conference yesterday and worked from home the rest of the day - which meant I could whip something up for lunch in my own kitchen! Well, not having any protein to top my salad, and finding less than a bfast serving size left in my yogurt stash, meant only one thing....yogurt dip/dressing!

Meet my Sundried Tomato Yogurt Dip:

 Easy as 1, 2, 3...In a food processor (or blender), mix together a handful of sundried tomato pieces, about 6 oz. plain yogurt, a pinch of fresh basil, a pinch of salt and pepper (I also threw in some red pepper flakes for some bite), scrape into a bowl for dipping sugar snap peas or carrots or top your favorite salad with it, enjoy! This makes one serving of the dip so I would quadruple for a party sized dip


3. While reading about Michelle's 3 things for Thursday this morning, I noticed she is taking on a 30-day ab-work challenge.  She will be doing some sort of core work daily from now until September 9th.  I loved the idea so much, I have decided to join her in this challenge, and I too will be incorporating some sort of ab-work into my daily routine today through September 9th.  I might even be borrowing from Bess Be Fit's ABS Challenge workouts to keep things interesting! Who wants to play along?!

5 comments:

  1. Oooooohhhhh!!! That Coconut Water looks great! I agree- it's not always stomach-able! :) And that sundried tomato yogurt dip looks amazing. I will definitely be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm YUM! That dip looks so so good. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of your yogurt dip--sounds perfect for one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dip looks like the most amazing thing ever. i don't know how long i will be able to wait before trying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dip looks delicious! I bet I could wip it up with some soy yogurt too... perfect for a summer day on the patio :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for keeping up with Happy, Healthy & Strong - I love to hear all of your comments and feedback!