Friday, September 16, 2011

Left Knee Lateral Femoral Condyle Chondrial Lesion

I will leave it at that right now.  Not so hot news from the MRI, something I wasn't expecting....cartilage is completely worn through on my outer left condyle where the tibia connects to the patella, causing swelling and a lesion.  This means I am physically not built to run longer distances, which means the marathon is most likely not going to happen.  This is all the information I have right now, but I just want to say thank you for all of the support, love, prayers, and healing thoughts - I appreciate every single one.

I am not sure when, but I will fill you in with details as I know them. For now, I can run short, easy runs to my pain tolerance (as I can't do too much more damage at this point), but there are some decisions I have to make, and I need to gather all of the facts and possibilities before I do.  I am completely and utterly devastated, confused, mad, relieved, exhausted right now, so I don't have a significant post to write about this at the moment.

Thank you guys, and hopefully I will have more on this soon.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the news. Stay strong and positive.
    Im sure it's tough news to swallow, but at least you have answers. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I am so sorry. It is so hard to stay positive when you hear something like that but just think of all the things that you are still able to do. There is so much time for exploration to find other things you enjoy. It's great that you finally got your answers and now you just have to sit down and make some serious decisions. Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear this news that has devasted you. I hope you will take some time to gather the facts and make decisions.

    Damn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this news!! Even though it wasn't unexpected, I know it must be disappointing *hug*. I agree with the others - even though this is a huge bummer, you'll be able to explore some others things and find new things to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so sorry danielle. you're such a tough cookie but i know that this is incredibly difficult to go through. the good news is that you can still run! i think that a sprint tri is calling your name.. emma and i are planning to do one in the fall! you should do it with us :)

    chin up lady, you will get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so sorry to hear that. How frustrating! It's no wonder you need a couple of days to sort through the facts and get a hold of your emotions... I imagine it's a bit of a whirlwind so I'm sending you all sorts of positive, optimistic thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so sorry to hear this. sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for keeping up with Happy, Healthy & Strong - I love to hear all of your comments and feedback!