As you all know, I am a member of the Team Luna Chix Boston Run Team. This season was my first with the team, and as an end of season celebration, I would love to host a giveaway of some of my favorite Luna swag, to share my love of the company and what they do, with all of you! But first, a little bit about the Luna Chix, and why I believe this is such an incredible group to be a part of. (sorry guys, but this giveaway is just for the chicks :) - maybe next time!)
|Some of the Luna Chix Boston Run, Luna Chix Pro - Jane Kibii, and a Boston Mountain Bike member.|
From their site:
Having the opportunity to join such an incredible team, has seriously improved not only running confidence, but it has opened the door for so many new friends and activities I wouldn't have normally met or tried, and I am all the more grateful and better person for that.The Team LUNA Chix Program brings together women interested in learning new sports, staying active and inspiring others to do the same.The program includes 26 LUNA Chix Local Teamsand the LUNA Chix Pro Team. The local teams include women at all levels, from beginners to casual competitors. The pro team includes 11 of the country's most amazing (and winning) professional athletes. Several times a year the Pro Team gets together with the Local Teams to share their considerable experience and encouragement.Together the teams train, compete and support each other, while also fundraising for LUNA's non-profit partner, the Breast Cancer Fund.
|Luna Chix Summit, April 2011|
Also, as there are only 26 local teams nationwide (including Run, cycling, Mountain Bike, and Tri teams), Luna is making an effort to add in more local teams for the upcoming season (Spring 2012). All you have to do is check out the recruiting site HERE, and apply for your area to become one of the new Team Luna Chix locations.
Now for the fun stuff, giveaway time :) As I said, I want you all to be able to celebrate the end of a very successful and rewarding season, with some of my favorites Luna Bar has to offer. The winner of this giveaway will receive a Luna gift basket, including a T-shirt, headband, water bottle, luna bars (of course!), a tote bag, and maybe some extra treats thrown in (yoga mat? more bars?).
In order to enter, you must complete the following:
- Be a follower of this blog (leave a comment letting me know)
- Leave me a comment telling me why you are inspired to get out and live an active, healthy lifestyle, and in turn, inspiring others to do the same?
- Go over to the Team Luna Chix Site, and leave a comment on this post, telling me one thing that you learned, that impressed you, or that you were inspired by (there are a lot of blog posts from local athletes and pros alike, definitely worth the time to click around on there!)
- You can "like" me on FB HERE and leave a comment telling me what makes you a strong female athlete (leave a comment letting me know that you did)
- You can tweet, blog or FB share this with your peers (leave a comment for each that you do)
This giveaway will run until Friday, November 24 (lots o'time to enter :) ). On that day, I will pull the name via random.org and notify the winner (you do not need a blog to enter, but an email address would be helpful :) ).