Friday, December 30, 2011

Fitness Friday - HBBC Week #6

OK so it seems like I just recapped HBBC Week #5, oh wait, I did...well anyways - as I mentioned yesterday, working remote for me is like zero motivation to do anything else...but I have been trying to read all of your blogs, so I guess I have been somewhat productive.  Oh, and I got out and ran yesterday, 6.4 miles in fact...so not a total waste of a week :) I did some decent workouts for the week as well, which was comforting.

HBBC2011
Thank you again Amanda!


Saturday (Christmas Eve):
Sunday (Christmas):
  • Rest Day
  • F&V = 1 pt
Monday:
  • Rest Day
Tuesday:
  • 3.11 miles run (3.11 pts)
  • 20 minutes stretching (1 pt)
  • 50-minute boot-camp (5 pts)
  • F & V = 1 pt
Wednesday:
  • 90 minutes yoga (4.5 pts)
  • 1.06 miles walked (1.06 pts)
  • 20 minutes stretching (1 pt)
  • F & V = 1 pt.
Thursday:
  • 6.4 miles (6.4 pts)
  • 10 minutes stretching (0.5 pt)
  • F & V= 1 pt.
Friday:
  • 1.53 miles walked (to and from T) (1.53 pts)
  • 10 minutes stretching (0.5 pt)
Week Total:  36 pts.

All in all a decent holiday week of workouts - I wish I had done some more than I did today, but honestly, my knees were sore and I want to run 8 miles tomorrow - so I rested today.  The thing I am most proud of is my F & V intake! With the holiday meals I still got in 7 F&V servings both Saturday AND Sunday - which is the first weekend since HBBC started that I have succeeded at that.  It was also a full holiday weekend, and I didn't go crazy with the sugar and drinks - I definitely had more sugar than usually, but I didn't go overboard at all.  Also, my mileage is getting back to normal (which is why the knees are sore) which feels great - and I am excited for my half marathon in February.

I am not a big planner for races, so I have yet to look at 2012 in the race numbers, but I plan on mapping out some sort of strategy for the year in January.  I do know I have the half marathon and a relay in May - but that is all right now.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you map out your race plan for the year before the New Year starts? Or do you wing it?

Definitely wing it - I love to race, but stink at training (hence the overdoing it during marathon training)

Did you do better than you thought with the holiday foods/drinks, or did you go a little overboard?

6 comments:

  1. Write you are gear at working out over the holidays....nice 10k race in there too! I love how you said you wanted to work our more! Crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a plan going into the year...I work better with a plan...clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you had a good Christmas week. And great that you are eating more freggies!

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm trying to map out my 2012 runs and it stresses me out whereas planning usually calms me down! i think it's spending all the money to register!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a running plan for this year......going to play it by ear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome week of workouts for you!! I tend to wing my races. I always seem to be injured so I never want to plan too far in advance just in case!! And yesssss I went WAY overboard with the sugar over the holiday! It's over though and I am officially done with it!

    Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for keeping up with Happy, Healthy & Strong - I love to hear all of your comments and feedback!