Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Things You Need to Know...

Ok, Ok, so you actually don't need to know any of what I am about to tell you, but it is fun to play along anyways :)

You thought it was over, huh? Don't worry - I didn't tag anyone, just thought it would be fun to share!


Julia, over at Julia Untapered (an amazing triathlete training for the Junior World Championships) tagged me in the 11 random things/questions game, and I am kind of happy she did, because I was feeling left out from this blog-world phenomenon and I have so much I think is random about me to share - aren't you all lucky!
The  Danielle's Rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section like “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You (the blogger) legitimately have to tag 11 (or so) people.
  1. I played the saxophone in elementary school and middle school - but I quit to sing in choir freshman year because I was afraid of being a "band geek" - big regret right there...I was so much better at the sax than singing
  2. On the singing note...I was convinced I was going to be a professional singer when I was younger and would force kindly serenade my friends and family with Selena songs at parties.
  3. I used to be obsessed with POGs, in fact, I had the 500-piece set from BJ's and would bring them out for recess to try to win slammers (wicked cool kid) - one recess it started raining, so we were being rushed back in the building and in the commotion, I dropped my bucket of pogs and ruined the majority of them - I thought that was the day the world would end.... 
  4. (Source)
  5. My mom used to have to beg me to even do a mile for our pre-season field hockey prep in high school (even some in college), now I bug my mom to go out for 6-10 mile runs when I am home :)
  6. I used to own 5 different colored pairs of Timberland boots, because I thought they were a fashion statement (dark blue w/ white sole, classic tan, tan w/ white sole, light blue, black).
  7. I was a Western Mass champion pole vaulter in High School, and I placed top 6 at States and top 8 at New England's
  8. I didn't realize Gatorade and Powerade had sugar and calories until Freshman year of college - I used to house it like water, until I realized it was only needed in moderation and for times of physical activity.
  9. I once hung out with Will.I.Am's manager at a work event that Will was DJing...I thought I was a rockstar....at least for that night :)
  10. My second concert ever was Nelly and the Cash Money Millionaires - my Mom had to drive me because I didn't have my license, and as we were leaving she gave me money to buy myself and HER a Nelly/Cash $ T-shirt - I picked up matching ones.
  11. To add to that...my mom picked a Nelly song as my senior field hockey farewell song, to play along with my baby/elementary and high school picture show....the song she chose was Dilemma because it contained my nickname - "Nelly, I love you"
  12. One of my nicknames in high school was "Short Bus"....I was third in my class, but didn't always think about comments before they came out.

My 11 Questions from Julia:

1. Best race moment?
Finishing the Newport Marathon and seeing the clock at 3:49 - I didn't even think I would make it to the finish, let alone under 4 hours!
2. Ideal date (can be real or for future reference)?
One of my favorite dates was packing a picnic of gourmet snacks and a bottle of wine straight from the vineyard in Sonoma, driving back to San Fran and climbing to the top of a mountain overlooking the water and the golden gate bridge...heaven
3. Favorite Snack?
Clifbar Mojo Bars - Trail Mix or Honey Nut flavor
4. Favorite workout?
Boot Camps - I just love the feeling of power and accomplishment upon finishing one
5. Best vacation?
Saint Barth's - enough said....
6. Biggest disappointment?
Tearing my ACL senior of high school and crushing any thoughts I had of D1 field hockey - and maybe getting laid off....
7. Best part of college?
Meeting my friends that are there for me, near or far, that I have today - corny, but true...
8. What are you doing on a typical Friday night? (or what do you LIKE to be doing)?
Either a nice dinner out with Tripp or at a bar with friends.
9. South Park or Family Guy?
Family Guy all the way!
10. Strangest racing superstition or quirk?
 I don't really have any I don't think...is that the weird thing?
11. Nicest/best compliment you’ve received?
I can't really say right now - I have a lot of people that love me and care for me, one comment doesn't quite stick out at this time... 

Have anything fun to share or ask?!

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post. So many fun things to share. And the picnic above the Golden Gate would rank up there for me too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah isn't it just ridiculous how our perspective on running has changed over the years?? I remember running a mile in highschool and thinking it was an eternity!!!

    And now I can run in the double digits and not think hardly anything of it! (well most of the time of course haha...we all have our days when ever running a couple miles feels unsurmountable.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for keeping up with Happy, Healthy & Strong - I love to hear all of your comments and feedback!