You thought it was over, huh? Don't worry - I didn't tag anyone, just thought it would be fun to share!
Julia, over at Julia Untapered (an amazing triathlete training for the Junior World Championships) tagged me in the 11 random things/questions game, and I am kind of happy she did, because I was feeling left out from this blog-world phenomenon and I have so much I think is random about me to share - aren't you all lucky!
- I played the saxophone in elementary school and middle school - but I quit to sing in choir freshman year because I was afraid of being a "band geek" - big regret right there...I was so much better at the sax than singing
- On the singing note...I was convinced I was going to be a professional singer when I was younger and would
forcekindly serenade my friends and family with Selena songs at parties.
- I used to be obsessed with POGs, in fact, I had the 500-piece set from BJ's and would bring them out for recess to try to win slammers (wicked cool kid) - one recess it started raining, so we were being rushed back in the building and in the commotion, I dropped my bucket of pogs and ruined the majority of them - I thought that was the day the world would end....
- My mom used to have to beg me to even do a mile for our pre-season field hockey prep in high school (even some in college), now I bug my mom to go out for 6-10 mile runs when I am home :)
- I used to own 5 different colored pairs of Timberland boots, because I thought they were a fashion statement (dark blue w/ white sole, classic tan, tan w/ white sole, light blue, black).
- I was a Western Mass champion pole vaulter in High School, and I placed top 6 at States and top 8 at New England's
- I didn't realize Gatorade and Powerade had sugar and calories until Freshman year of college - I used to house it like water, until I realized it was only needed in moderation and for times of physical activity.
- I once hung out with Will.I.Am's manager at a work event that Will was DJing...I thought I was a rockstar....at least for that night :)
- My second concert ever was Nelly and the Cash Money Millionaires - my Mom had to drive me because I didn't have my license, and as we were leaving she gave me money to buy myself and HER a Nelly/Cash $ T-shirt - I picked up matching ones.
- To add to that...my mom picked a Nelly song as my senior field hockey farewell song, to play along with my baby/elementary and high school picture show....the song she chose was Dilemma because it contained my nickname - "Nelly, I love you"
- One of my nicknames in high school was "Short Bus"....I was third in my class, but didn't always think about comments before they came out.
My 11 Questions from Julia: