Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Motivations

This little baby will hopefully be helping me get my photo-taking mojo back...my blogging has slacked a bit lately, not because I haven't been doing exciting things, or because I just sit on my butt...no - blogging is a lot about bringing life to my pictures for me, sharing my healthy living pieces through words AND images.  For far too long, I have been neglecting my baby point n' shoot and slacking on my posts as a result.  

When I don't have pictures to inspire my words or to capture my important/special/excited moments, I find it hard to post anything too exciting. 

My older sister just bought the above camera in December and then luckily won the T3i from a canon sweepstakes - so she offered to sell me her very slightly used T2i.  I am very excited to receive this package in the mail and get my photography mojo back in working order, so I can liven up my posts and share a bit more of my life and knowledge with you all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What kind of camera do you own?

If you have an SLR, how long did it take you to learn the ins and outs (or at least how to take a decent picture in less than 5 minutes of fumbling around with settings)?

5 comments:

  1. I owned that bad boy for 90 days and luuuurved it!! You will get to know it very soon:) I returned it because I want it's older brother (sister?) the Canon 5D Mark II (YES PLEASE!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your sister is such a freakin' lucky duck!!

    I would LOVE to have a fancy SLR camera, but I haven't gotten around to picking out out, so I just use my crappy iPhone camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a very similar camera in the mail today! (I just found your blog today and was like, are we the same person?!) Anyway, my brother has connections with a guy who runs a camera shop, so they were able to swing me a sweet deal on a T3i. I'm so excited about it--and excited to play with all the settings! All the DSLR cameras have an auto setting and auto focus, so they work just like a point and shoot if you want them to--not like a film SLR where you kind of have to know what's up. Figuring it out beyond that it's too difficult; I'm sure you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeeekkkkk!!! sooo dang fun. im not very intelligent when it comes to cameras so i stick with simple but my bro has a nice one and takes the best pics. super excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! I have a Nikon D3100 and I still don't know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for keeping up with Happy, Healthy & Strong - I love to hear all of your comments and feedback!